Saturday, February 19, 2011

its been a while.


in the morning the gray sun slips in through my living room blinds
while i sip from my stained mug.
my oversized t shirt and bitter tea fit the morning perfectly,
i can feel the goosebumps on my bare legs and remember
that no matter how much i wish its still not warm outside.
i never sleep in pants because i like the way my legs
feel up against each other,
my frail fame keeps me cold
through out the day.
my mind is boggled by how fast things change.
one morning you wake up to your perfect life,
the next morning you wake up and it all fell apart, well not all.
its been two weeks and every morning i still wake up
with you on my mind.
remembering you next to me in bed,
you a phone call a way.
the way your voice sounded in the morning
and how no matter how hard i tried i could
never wake you before 9.
i remember your pants on my floor
and the blankets in a ball over you.
some mornings id lay there, drink my tea and
watch you sleep.
now some mornings i lay there, drink
my tea and look over to where your imprint still
is on my twenty dollar sheets.


this is not to say that i havent found my
happiness within myself.
ya ya ya i know all that.
i know me, i know my soul,
i know my happiness is in me.
im wonderful on my own,
that doesnt mean i dont miss
the way he use to look at me
before things came tumbling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment